Support Care Worker
Posted: 28 March 2017
Closing date: Ongoing
- To participate in life planning for particular service users to include:
a) Identifying the service user’s emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management team.
b) Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
c) Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
- To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
- To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
- To contribute to the preparation of reports and participate in service users’ reviews as required.
- To supervise and share mealtimes with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
- To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
- To use initiative in creating, and delivery of, appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
- To accompany and organise transport which requires service users to attend activities outside of the home.
- To use initiative in making the best use of all available resources in the home, to meet the needs of each service user.
- To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment.
- To look after the general appearance of the house and report any defects to the senior staff member on duty.
- To ensure accurate recording and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and/or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
- To participate in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments.
- To undertake any temporary duties as required by the Homes Manager in times of emergency.
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but indicates the main aspects attached to this post. It may be reviewed and amended at a future time after discussion with the Manager and staff of the homes, to take into account any changes in Company or Government Policies.
Contact number: 0800 193 7500
Contact email: HR Officer