Posted: 28 March 2017
Closing date: Ongoing
In accordance with Care Quality Commission Essential Standards and current Company policies the staff member will endeavour:-
- To contribute and participate in providing quality care and life experiences based upon the six basic values of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- To help provide a therapeutic structured and relaxed environment in which service users can develop and enjoy their lives.
- To assist in the overall daily management of the home by taking responsibility for coordinating activities during a shift as required.
- To support and advise new and less experienced staff in the implementation of procedures and service user guidelines.
1. To facilitate good communication within all levels of the staff team.
2. To ensure that medication is administered in line with Company policy and Care Quality Commission Essential Standard Guidelines.
3. To oversee and organise the daily recording of information relating to service users.
4. To participate in life planning for particular service users to include: •Identifying the service user’s emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management team.
5. Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
6. Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
7. To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
8. To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
9. To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment and report any defects.
10. To ensure accurate recordings and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
11. To prepare reports and participate in service user’s reviews as required.
12. To participate in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments.
13. To supervise and share mealtimes with service user’s, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
14. To assist in the delivery of day care and leisure opportunities following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from day service staff.
15. To use initiative in creating and delivery of appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
16. To accompany and organise transport which requires service users to attend activities outside of the home.
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but indicates the main aspects attached to this post. It may be reviewed and amended at a future time after discussion with the Manager and staff in the home, to take into account any changes and recommendations.
Contact number: 0800 193 7500
Contact email: HR Officer